Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 27-March 24





















Psalm 119:9-16

How can young people keep their way pure?
By guarding it according to your word.
With my whole heart I seek you;
do not let me stray from your commandments.
I treasure your word in my heart,
so that I may not sin against you.
Blessed are you, O Lord;
teach me your statutes.
With my lips I declare
all the ordinances of your mouth.
I delight in the way of your decrees
as much as in all riches.
I will meditate on your precepts,
and fix my eyes on your ways.
I will delight in your statutes;
I will not forget your word.

Reflection
"I treasure your word in my heart...." It's such a helpful thing to have a verse, a phrase, a passage from scripture that one can call upon when needed. Do you have one?
"I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." "Rejoice in the Lord always...." "I was glad when they said to me, let us go into the house of the Lord..." "In all things, we are more than conquerors, through Him who has loved us..." "What does the Lord require of you..." "For we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses..."

Ideally, we have more than one verse or passage that means the world to us. For starters, one is good. Think on yours today...

Prayer
To have treasures from your word to call upon, count upon, think about, is a gift, O God. Thank you for your Word. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment